Our graduates are considered to be among the best in the industry – it all begins with rigorous selection.
To apply for the MPL in partnership with Qatar Airways you must meet the following requirements:
• Be aged between 18 and 32 years of age (commence training before 33rd birthday)
• Hold a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) Grade C or above, including mathematics, science and English language*
• Be fluent in English (verbal and written)**
• Hold an Academic IELTS Level 6.0 Certificate with no less than 5.5 in anyone area (non-native English speakers only)
• Minimum height 5ft 2 in. (157cm), maximum height 6ft 3 in. (191cm)
• Produce a Police check/Basic Disclosure certificate before Final Interview stage of selection.
• Be able to obtain a QCAA Class 1 Medical without restrictions prior to starting on a course.
• Be able to pass a security check to ensure your right to live and work in Qatar.
* see naric.org.uk for international academic comparisons
** Non-native English speakers will be required to present a certificate prior to training commencement demonstrating they have achieved International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Level 5.5 overall, with no less than 5.5 in any individual area (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking). Results must be for the academic test, not general training.
*** Applicants should be between 1.58 m (5ft. 2 in.) to 1.91 m (6ft. 3 in.) in height. Applicants who fall outside of this may still apply; however, they will be required to undergo an ergonomic assessment in our training aircraft and jet flight simulators prior to being accepted into a course. Some airlines may impose strict height limits in accordance with the range shown, which could preclude applicants from placement with that airline post-CPL/IR if they fall outside this height range.
Please be aware that due to a high demand for places on this airline pilot career program, assessment dates can book up quickly. New dates are released regularly, but should you be waiting for another date to be released, we advise you to monitor your application so you may book on as soon as possible.
"A key partner for Qatar Airways to deliver the pool of professional pilots that we need to meet our operational requirements."