L3 Airline Academy is committed to bringing talent to the flight deck and enabling people to pursue their Airline Pilot career aspirations.
We appreciate that raising the required funds for airline pilot training can be a hurdle. With this in mind we work closely with financial institutions and our airline partners to provide funding solutions with simple instalment schedules.
easyJet Loan Underwriting
easyJet are offering a limited opportunity for particularly outstanding easyJet MPL applicants to have a training loan underwritten by easyJet.
Amy Johnson Flying Initiative
Outstanding female easyJet MPL applicants may also have a limited opportunity for a training loan to be underwritten by easyJet as part of the Amy Johnson Flying Initiative.
easyJet MPL route:
The funding required for the complete easyJet MPL route is £109,000, comprising:
Training Security Bond – £69,000 (paid in 13 instalments)
MPL Training Fee 1 – £20,800
MPL Training Fee 2 – £19,200
If you are accepted onto the easyJet MPL route, your payment profile will be adjusted to reflect the MPL funding and you will benefit from the combined MPL course fee, which includes and significantly reduces the cost of type specific training.
easyJet Integrated ATPL Route:
The funding required for the complete easyJet Integrated ATPL Route (Route 3) is £123,800. This comprises:
Training Security Bond – £69,000 (13 instalments)
Foundation Training Fee – £24,800 (paid before the commencement of Leg 3 training)
Type Rating Training - £30,000
Student loan funding may be available for trainees who elect to incorporate a BSc Degree in Professional Aviation Pilot Practice into their career program.
Please be aware that all loan applications relating to any route are subject to bank lending criteria.
• Any additional training or testing covered is covered by our L3 CTS Performance Protection
• All training, equipment, uniform and airfield fees
• Self-catered accommodation for basic and intermediate phases of training*
• Air travel if applicable
• License issue
When budgeting for your training, please consider the following additional costs:
• L3 CTS selection fee
• Initial Class 1 Medical and renewal fees
• Medical, life and personal property insurances
• Travel insurances required by the UK or NZ immigration services (if necessary)
• English language testing (where applicable)
• Food and living expenses
• Local personal daily transport to and from Crew Training Centers worldwide
• Tablet required for training
Training Security Bond solution
Airline Placement Limited (APL), a wholly owned subsidiary company of L3 CTS, will provide a Training Sponsorship for the Basic and Intermediate phases (excluding the initial Foundation Element of the Basic phase).
Training Sponsorship represents a significant investment, and to mitigate the risk to APL (the sponsor), you will be required to deposit a Training Security Bond of £69,000 which will be held by APL.
We provide a unique opportunity for your Training Security Bond to be repaid to you over a period of 7 to 9 years once fully employed by an Airline Partner.
Please note: This is not payment for training.
L3 CTS Performance Protection provides you with peace of mind throughout training – it is our commitment to you that by passing our selection process, we believe you've got the right stuff to make it as a commercial pilot, and we'll go the extra mile to get you there.
Performance Protection includes – and covers the cost of:
• ALL additional training (if required)
• ATPL ground examinations and flight skills tests (and any retesting) including aircraft and UK CAA fees
• UK CAA regulatory fees (initial and any retests) for ground examinations and flight skills tests (CPL and IR)
• REFUND of any monies deposited by you to secure your Training Sponsorship should we cease your training due to your skills falling below the minimum competence required for professional pilot license issue, less a deductible of £5,000