For newly qualified and licensed commercial pilots, achieving a first Airline Pilot role can be challenging and needs careful preparation and support. The L3 CTS Airline Qualification Course (AQC) gives you access to an incredible range of Co-Pilot opportunities.
Our AQC is designed to select, train and prepare qualified professional pilots with a variety of flying experiences from EASA Approved Training Organizations (ATOs) and operators to become eligible for aircraft type rating training and Co-Pilot placement with one of our growing number of Airline Partners, including BA CityFlyer, easyJet, Flybe, Monarch and Thomas Cook Airlines.
Successful applicants will be invited to attend a selection day and enrol upon one of our world-renowned courses that have long been selected by newly qualified commercial pilots as their optimal training-of-choice to prepare them for their first airline role.
The L3 CTS Airline Qualification Course (AQC) is widely accepted by airlines as an industry standard for new pilots at entry level. It is an enhanced course based around the principals of CRM, MCC and Jet Orientation training, providing the necessary qualifications required to progress to a type rating course as well as "grounding" the individuals in an airline's expectation of procedure, process and behavior. As a matter of standard practice, L3 CTS delivers this course on a traditional, yoke-control aircraft, using the Boeing 737 universally, recognising the point from where previous training ended. Courses, when required to meet specific airline requirements, are conducted on the A320. The development of interpersonal or Non-Technical Skills is very much the focus of the course and pilots will find these skills of use not only in their forthcoming career, but also in life generally. It is essential that they develop these skills while coping with all the demands of IFR and commercial procedures, hence the final, overall objective.
Those meeting the required standard on completion of training will be put forward for Co-Pilot placement opportunities with one of our Airline Partners. Please be aware that airlines have differing eligibility requirements, for example, for recency of training and standards achieved during all phases of flight training.
• Airline Qualification Course delivered on Boeing or Airbus simulators including 2 days of technical ground school, initial CRM training and 36 hours of fixed-base simulator training
• Unrivaled airline placement opportunities*
• B&B Accommodation included for duration of the course
• Selection and assessment preparation
• Interview skills
• CV and covering letter completion guidance
• Training record summary
• Simulator refresher option available
* Subject to meeting L3 CTS and Airline Placement Standards. Successful graduates of the AQC will earn a place in our pilot database and be put forward for appropriate airline opportunities as they arise.
To qualify for this course, you must meet the following criteria:
• Hold a current EASA MEIR with first series passes in both the IR and CPL skills test
• Have passed all 14 ATPL Theoretical Knowledge exams with no more than 3 subjects passed at the second attempt
• No more than 10 X:Hours
• Be fluent in English (verbal and written)
• Produce a CRC (Criminal Record Check) Basic Disclosure Certificate before training can commence
• Hold a current EASA unrestricted Class 1 Medical
• Have the unrestricted right to live and work in the EEA for European airline opportunities
Please note - Pilots who have undertaken type ratings on aircraft with MTOW of more than 10 tonnes are not eligible for this program.
Funding required for AQC is £9360.
• L3 Commercial Training Solutions selection fee
• Initial Class 1 Medical and renewal fees
• Medical, life and personal property insurances
• English language testing (where applicable)
• Food & living expenses
• Travel to and from training centers
Simulator Refresher: For those who have taken a break in their training, L3 CTS recommends completing a refresher before enrolling on your course.
Simulator Refresher is not required to commence training; however, depending on your training history, the L3 selection team may recommend a refresher package to enhance your ability to finish the course to the required standard and unlock airline placement opportunities.
Optional refresher packages start at £150+VAT.
"I thoroughly enjoyed the AQC. First-class facilities and high-calibre instructors, the course was well worth the hard work. Without a doubt, I would recommend training here."