**Please note this program is currently closed**
If you've ever dreamed of becoming a pilot with an internationally-acclaimed carrier then look no further. The sky is the limit!
L3 Airline Academy has launched an outstanding Airline Pilot career program with Hong Kong Airlines (HKA).
Fully-sponsored by the airline, the Cadet Pilot program will take you directly to the role of Second Officer with HKA, flying the Airbus A330 aircraft – part of one of the most modern fleets in the world – across the airline's route network of iconic destinations.
Throughout your training, you will join fellow cadets to experience the skies in spectacular parts of the world as never seen before; as well as sharing adventures and making friendships that will last a lifetime.
• Fully–sponsored Airline Pilot career program from L3 Airline Academy with Hong Kong Airlines
• Employment as an A330 Second Officer with Hong Kong Airlines on completion of training
• Training on the latest-generation aircraft and simulators
NOTE - Please be aware that this program is only available to those who have Hong Kong citizenship. If you are not eligible, check out our Integrated ATPL Airline Pilot career program, which is open for applications all year round.
You will serve as Second Officer for one year and, subject to performance, you will then progress to Junior First Officer.
Once you have obtained your Hong Kong ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot License) you may expect a promotion to First Officer.
Subject to performance and available slots, promotion to Captain can be expected.
Subject to performance and demonstration of a passion to instruct, a position as a Training Captain is available.
Established in 2006, Hong Kong Airlines is a full-service airline firmly rooted in Hong Kong. From ground operation to inflight service, the airline is committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience with a unique flair of its home base. In recognition of its ongoing pursuit for excellence, Hong Kong Airlines has been awarded the internationally acclaimed four-star rating from Skytrax since 2011. It was also the winner for Asia's Leading Inflight Service in World Travel Awards 2015.
• The newly launched Vancouver and Los Angeles routes demonstrate the airline's strategic expansion in international market which can complement existing routes, bring into full play its connectivity in Asia
• The airline will step up its global market expansion with new destination – San Francisco in March, 2018
• The current diverse culture pilot team is comprised of over 550 pilots from more than 40 countries
Hong Kong Airlines operates an all-Airbus fleet, comprising of 33 passenger aircraft and 2 freighters. With an average age of around five years, the airline has one of the youngest and modern fleets in the world, following the arrival of its first of 21 Airbus A350 aircraft in September 2017.