On July 24, we are wishing happy birthday to Women in Aviation International pioneer Amelia Earhart! To celebrate we are giving one lucky person a pair of classic Ray Ban aviators along with a copy of Amelia’s Earhart’s book: “Fun of It: Random Records of My Own Flying and of Women in Aviation”.
The competition is worldwide, so is open to everybody over the age of 18. To enter we want to hear who the most inspirational woman in your life is and why – maybe it is Earhart herself?
To enter, simply comment on our Facebook post [link] between 00:01 GMT on Tuesday, July 24 and 23:59 GMT on Sunday, July 29 using the following information below:
- Like @L3CTSAirlineAcademy on Facebook
- Comment on the competition post with the most inspirational woman in your life and why.
One winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries and notified by Friday, August 5.
Best of Luck!
Please read the full terms and conditions provided below, prior to entry.
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
2. This competition is open to everyone globally, aged 18 years or over. Employees of Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties, in any way involved in the development, production, or distribution of this competition, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
3. This competition will commence at 00:01 GMT on Tuesday, July 24 2018 and all entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on Sunday, July 29 2018. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
4. Entrants may submit more than one entry, subject to these terms and conditions.
5. To enter, entrants must Like @L3AirlineAcademy on Facebook and comment on the competition post [link] with the most inspirational woman in their life and why.
6. One winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries and notified by Friday, August 5 2018.
7. If an entrant has submitted multiple entries they will all be considered.
8. The prize for the winner is a pair of Classic Ray Ban Aviators and a copy of ““Fun of It: Random Records of My Own Flying and of Women in Aviation” by Amelia Earhart.
9. The Promoter's decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. The prize is non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
11. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. The winner will be notified via a direct Facebook message or email or post by Friday, August 5 2018. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
13. The winner will receive their prize 30 days after claiming it, subject to meeting all the terms and conditions – if not the prize will be withdrawn and offered to a substitute winner.
14. To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com stating the name and date of the competition in the subject heading.
15. By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and, to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials, that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete any necessary documentation to formalize the license. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
16. Each entrant also confirms that anyone depicted in an entry has given their permission for the inclusion to be included in the entry and the use of the entry by the entrant and the Promoter.
17. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
18. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this Promotion is submitted to the Promoter and not Facebook and you agree that Facebook shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this Promotion.
19. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
20. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
21. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
22. The Promoter is L3 Commercial Aviation, Manor Royal, Crawley, RH10 9PY, England.