L3 is committed to bringing talent to the flight deck and enabling people to pursue their airline pilot career aspirations.
We appreciate that raising the required funds for airline pilot training can be a hurdle. With this in mind we work closely with financial institutions and our airline partners to provide funding solutions with simple instalment schedules.
• The funding required for the complete MPL in partnership with Flybe is £94,800.
Training Security Bond – £69,000 (paid in 13 instalments)
• MPL Training Fee – £25,800
Subject to bank lending criteria, applicants may be eligible to apply for pilot loan funding. Discover more.
Student loan funding may be available for trainees who elect to incorporate the BSc Degree in Professional Aviation Pilot Practice into their career program.
Please be aware that all loan applications relating to any airline pilot career program are subject to bank lending criteria.
• Any additional training or testing covered is covered by our 'Performance Protection'
• All training, equipment, uniform and airfield fees
• Self-catered accommodation for basic and intermediate phases of training*
• Air travel to NZ
• License issue
When budgeting for your training, please consider the following additional costs:
• L3 selection fee
• Initial Class 1 Medical and renewal fees
• Loss of medical, life and personal property insurances
• Travel insurances required by the UK, NZ or USA immigration services
• English language testing (where applicable)
• Food and subsistence costs
• Local, personal, daily transport to and from Crew Training Centers worldwide
• Tablet required for training
Airline Placement Limited (APL), a wholly-owned subsidiary company of L3 CTS will provide 'Training Sponsorship' for the Basic and Intermediate phases (excluding the initial Foundation Element of the Basic phase).
'Training Sponsorship' represents a significant investment and, to mitigate the risk to APL (the sponsor), you will be required to deposit a 'Training Security Bond' of £69,000 which will be held by APL.
We provide a unique opportunity for your training security bond to be repaid to you over a period of 7-9 years once fully employed by a partner airline.
Please note: This is not payment for training.
Our 'Performance Protection' provides you with peace of mind throughout training – it is our commitment to you that by passing our selection process, we believe you've got the 'right stuff' to make it as a commercial pilot, and we'll go that extra mile to get you there.
Performance Protection includes – and covers the cost of:
• ALL additional training (if required)
• ATPL ground examinations and flight skills tests (and any retesting) including aircraft and UK CAA fees
• UK CAA regulatory fees (initial and any retests) for ground examinations and flight skills tests (CPL and IR)
• REFUND of any monies deposited by you to secure your training sponsorship should we cease your training due to your skills falling below the minimum competence required for professional pilot license issue, less a deductible of £5,000